ASAIO (formerly known as the American Society for Artificial Internal Organs) is a world class society that has been in existence for 62 years. ASAIO is Science, Medicine & Industry Innovating for the Future. It strives to “save lives one medical device at a time”. ASAIO’s mission is to provide a forum that globally and collaboratively promotes the development of innovative medical device technology at the crossroads of science, engineering, and medicine. This is synergistically accomplished by our interdisciplinary and talented membership comprised of clinicians, scientists, engineers, industry, academia, and the financial community, as well as representatives from the Food & Drug Administration, National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health.
- ASAIO hosts an Annual Conference. It includes a Pediatric Day, an Adult ECMO Course, an MCS Proficiency Course, a VAD University, a VAD Coordinator Program, a Student Design Competition, a Medical Device Entrepreneur’s Forum, Podium Abstract Presentations, Invited Talks, Poster Sessions and Technical Exhibits. The 63rd ASAIO Annual Conference will be held in Chicago June 21 – 24, 2017.
- ASAIO Members pay a Reduced Registration Fee for the Annual Conference.
- ASAIO Members may Submit Abstracts for consideration for presentation at the Annual Conference. Abstracts that are accepted for presentation at the Conference are published in the online ASAIO Journal in May.
- Accreditation is available for Conference Registrants. The University of Massachusetts Medical School Office of Continuing Medical Education provides Accreditation for Physicians and Nurses. The American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion provides Accreditation for Perfusionists.
- ASAIO members have access to the Bimonthly, Online Peer Reviewed Journal. The ASAIO Journal is also available to Members as an iPad Application.
- Members have exclusive access to the ASAIO Career Connection where you can post a resume or an employment opportunity.
Membership Categories & Fees for 2017
$400 Regular Member
$250 Early Career if graduated since 2011
$250 Allied Health
$150 ASAIOfyi Student Resident